ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS, USA, Friday, January 08, 2010: Hill Tech Sales, a leader in LED Components and Components for Electrical Power Conversion today posted information on 277VAC input rated LED Drivers for Class II outdoor lighting.
When using LED lighting in new installations LED drivers/LED power supplies with standard universal input of 90 ~ 264VAC are not an issue since you can specify the specific voltage needed up front.
However, in many existing buildings that have dedicated electrical panels for lighting these are rated at 277VAC. In these installations LED lighting is typically not replacing all of the existing lighting. This means in these in cases in order to use these LED drivers you need a new circuit to supply 120VACVAC and a step down transformer to reduce the voltage from 277 to 120VAC.
New Class II LED Power Supplies are now coming on the market with wide ranging universal input of 90 – 277VAC which can be used on existing 277VAC lighting circuits with no voltage modification required.
Other features now standard on most LED Drivers are:
- Highly Efficient Switching-Mode Technology
- Active PFC (Power Factor Corrected)
- Built For Outdoor Wet, Damp or Indoor Dry Applications
- Silicone Encapsulated for Wet Locations (Use UL approved Water-Tight Conduit and Fittings)
- Built-in EMI Filter for Low Noise
- Rugged Rain-Proof Aluminum Extruded Case – IP65 Rated
- Over-Current and Over-Voltage Protection with Auto-Recovery
- Output Voltage Adjustable.
For adverse environments it also important to look for LED Drivers rated at 70°C at full load. Many LED Power supply de-rate to as little as 50% of rated power at 50°C.
For more questions on this article contact:
Hill Technical Sales
216 West Campus Drive
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Tel: +1- 847-255-4400 ext 12
You may also visit: http://www.hilltech.com/